t can be hard to pick a vacation spot that fits all your needs when you’re in your 20s. Whether you’re planning out a spring break trip, a graduation present, or just a summer vacation, you have to factor in costs, picturesque beaches, and eating/drinking locations, which can be difficult. You also want to make sure everyone in your friend group can attend and that the Airbnb you get can fit all your closest buddies. With this blog, you’ll see many beautiful locations to choose from, with hopefully all the spectacular views you’ll want to explore and enjoy.
Steps for Picking a Location
When you’re traveling in your 20s, make sure you scout out the best location!
When looking for a location, the first thing you’ll want to do is research. You want to make sure there are plenty of activities for you and your friends to enjoy in the area and make sure there’s a place for everyone to stay. To start, you’ll need to:
- Have a set budget. The only way you’re going to get any further in the vacation planning process is if you decide how much everyone wants to spend. During this budget planning, you can also put aside money for activities or restaurants you’ll want to go to.
- Have a set time/how long everyone wants to stay. Figuring out if your friends want to stay for a week or two will help you find a good hotel or house to stay at since you can view bookings for those set dates. This will also help if you can’t decide between two locations—if one is more expensive or booked on the days you’ll want to go, then you can easily switch to the other location!
Steps After Finding a Location
When the perfect location finally comes to mind, allow time for scheduling
After you pick your dream destination for your trip, you’ll want to do a couple of things before you set off on your journey. For example:
- Make an itinerary. You’ll want to have somewhat of a plan going into your travels because you’ll never be bored if there’s always something to do!
- Find outfits. If you want dreamy Instagram pictures, make sure you have plenty of outfits that fit the backdrop of your pictures!
- Go have fun. Now’s the time to enjoy yourself at one of these gorgeous locations:
Our Recommendations: The Best Places to Travel in Your 20s
Known for its striking blue waters, beautiful beaches, and many islands, Greece is one of the most popular vacation destinations in your 20s. Here are some reasons why Greece should be high up on your vacation bucket list:
- The historical sites. The Acropolis is a wonder since it’s the most complete ancient Greek complex in existence, even after wars and natural disasters. It gorgeously shows masterpieces from the 5th century. Its beauty has inspired more artworks throughout time. It also makes for a fantastic backdrop in any vacation photos from your trip to Greece!
- The stunning islands. Santorini is an excellent example of the breathtaking islands found in Greece. This number one vacation spot for summer includes volcanic landscapes and magnificent architecture. It’s also simple to get there since it's connected by ferry and plane. This is a must-see destination for any trip to Greece as it genuinely shows every aspect you’ll need from the country!
- Vivid nightlife. Many places in Greece have crazy nightlife, but one to bookmark is the island of Zakynthos. Here tourists can enjoy many clubs and bars, which is great for any college student looking to enjoy some new drinks and a different atmosphere! A resort here with many of these bars is called Laganas, where extreme parties happen often and nightly.
Greece truly has it all, and if these places don’t blow your mind, there are many other wonderful destinations to look at for vacations when you’re in your 20s.
Another beachy island destination with gorgeous clear waters is Bora Bora, and here’s exactly why you’ll need to go:
- Luxury Resorts. Bora Bora is best known for its overwater resorts providing tourists with the best views of turquoise waters and volcanic mountains. It can be a romantic getaway destination as well if your significant other is a beach fanatic who loves being close to the water!
- Lagoon. With turquoise and clear blue waters, this is a great picturesque place for anyone! You’ll be able to witness every shade of blue while traveling around the magnificent island.
- Snorkeling spots. If you’ve always wanted to try to snorkel but never knew where to get the best views, snorkeling in the lagoon is the perfect place to go. You’ll be able to see many different types of fish swimming around in the clear waters as well!
- Year-round good weather. Since the climate is temperate, you’ll be able to go any time of the year. Whether that’s for a college spring break, a summer graduation gift, or a getaway in December, the weather will suit your vacation needs!
If you’ve never been to Paris's magnificently romantic and cultural city before, now’s the time to go. The city is commonly known for its lights, romantic vibes, and its high-quality gastronomy. It also includes very touristy places like:
- The Eiffel Tower. The design and nighttime glow of this monument have made it one of the most visited places in the world. At any time of the day, the tower is the perfect backdrop for your vacation photos.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral. Known as one of the oldest Gothic Cathedrals in the world, Notre-Dame de Paris is a beautiful site to see. Although the fire back in 2019 caused a lot of damage to the roof, reconstruction is set to finish by 2024, meaning tourists will be let back in soon!
- The Louvre Museum. Housing one of the richest art collections globally, the Louvre is the world’s most visited museum. If you like great artwork, this is the place for you, the museum contains more than 380,000 objects and houses 35,000 works of art like the Mona Lisa.
This top-world destination island is famous for its surfable waves and sandy beaches. When here, you’ll enjoy the wonders of Hawaii and its breathtaking scenery. It’s also different from some other islands in Hawaii because of its variety of black, red, and white sand beaches.
For a trip that includes everything from snorkeling to adventurous hikes, Maui is the perfect place to do all that and more when you’re traveling in your 20s. It’s also very relaxing and is often considered Hawaii’s most romantic island.
If you want to plan a winter getaway to somewhere nice, January is the cheapest month to fly to Maui so get your friends or significant other ready for a warm-weather winter vacay!
Although there are many places you could go on vacation while in your 20s if you want the best times, memories, and photos, these places won’t disappoint! Your photo album will thrive by going to any of these destinations, and your experiences will be unmatched. Now’s the time in your life to go explore with friends and have fun. By taking guidance from this blog, you’ll be able to do just that!